IMS' mission is to inspire responsible strategies and practices among national economic actors. IMS Luxembourg supports its members through collaborative and federating projects by promoting dialogue with stakeholders (private, public, associative).
IMS projects tackle these different challenges :
- People: inclusion & diversity, wellbeing at work, community engagement, youth, business & human rights.
- Planet: tackling climate change, natural resources & biodiversity, towards zero waste.
- Prosperity: responsible production & consumption, new economic approaches, social and solidarity economy, transparency & reporting.
IMS is an independent, apolitical, non-profit organisation who provides expertise, concrete solutions, awareness, and information (toolkit, training, clubs, workshops...). This network represents almost 25% of Luxembourg's payroll.
IMS is the national contact point for several european and international organisations and movements: B Corp, Capitals Coalition, CSR Europe, the European Commission - Directorate General for Justice, Inner Development Goals, Mental Health Work and the WBSCD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development).
« Make Luxembourg the reference for a prosperous and sustainable society »
IMS considers companies as a major lever in the transformation of society. Companies today are increasingly judged on their global contribution to the social and environmental ecosystem in which they operate. Thus, all their stakeholders are more alert to what is often named « extra-financial criteria ». There is an irreversible movement taking place: more and more companies that have taken a CSR approach are reporting an overall positive impact and the creation of shared value both for their company and for society as a whole. IMS is the necessary catalyst to accelerate the movement in Luxembourg, and it embodies a reference at European level.
« Inspiring and activating more sustainability »
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a voluntary approach by companies to integrate not only economic responsibility but also environmental and social responsibility. In order to live up to this responsibility, companies interact in close partnership with their stakeholders.
More than just a tool for risk management, CSR is a source of opportunity and a competitive asset when it is managed proactively and integrated into the company’s strategy: namely when it comes to innovation and growth, staff motivation and customer attraction.
Aiming to create a positive impact on society that goes beyond a mere economic impact, companies that are involved in CSR can address some of society’s challenges and respond to them in their sphere of influence.
A changing environmental and social context heralds profound changes in companies’ management models. Organisations that seek to position themselves to meet the challenges of the future must now think through the innovative lens of CSR, which is a powerful engine for company growth and agility.
Commit and act proactively and autonomously.
Generate and encourage ambitious initiatives with audacity and benevolence.
Co-create and disseminate best practices and knowledge in a constructive and unifying spirit.
RAISE AWARENESS, INFORM
- Communication campaigns
- Conferences / Luxembourg Sustainability Forum
- Workshops and trainings
ANIMATE THE LEADING CSR NETWORK
- CSR clubs / Collaborative groups for sectoral innovation
- Stakeholders engagement (associations, experts, European players, etc.)
- Diversity Charter Lëtzebuerg / Diversity Network
PROVIDE OUR EXPERTISE
- Training through the Sustainability Academy
- State of play and recommendations of member practices
- Identification of possible areas of development
- Partnerships with researchers and specialists
PROPOSE CONCRETE SOLUTIONS
- Best practices
- Pilot actions to mutualise means across the territories
- Facilitate partnerships with associations
- Diversity, sustainable purchases, etc.
Our development is the work of a united, dynamic and passionate team. At IMS, we operate upon a foundation of trust, each employee is accountable. The employees are placed at the center of the activity and our solutions are the results of our team’s effort.
Quality of life at work is our priority and we are convinced that diversity and inclusion are a great asset for our employees and our business.