The network of committed leaders
The rules of the economic game are starting to change due to its emergence. In order to be ready to face these challenges, the main actors will need to be prepared to identify these changes on the management model and on the long-term success of their company.
As we all know, CEOs play a crucial role in putting Social Responsibility at the top of companies' agendas.
The rules of the game are starting to change due to the emergence of new economic paradigms. To be ready to face these challenges, CEOs can provide the necessary vision to truly implement CSR at all levels.
This club’s objectives are as follows:
- Provide access to new advances and insights in order to stimulate reflection on the conditions for transition to a sustainable and inclusive society
- Raise Luxembourg leaders’ awareness about the emergence of new business paradigms to adapt to environmental and social constraints
- Bring sustainability at a strategic level with the strong impulse of the CEOs
- Foster exchange and network to define innovative sustainability routes in Luxembourg.
- Act together and create a positive impact
The themes mentioned in the previous meeting of the Club:
54 CEO, signatories of the Zero Single-Use Plastic Manifesto, were presented with their commitment marks at the Luxembourg Sustainability Forum on 25 April 2019.
Meeting with Raphaël Liogier, sociologist and philosopher, on 24 April 2019 over a dinner-debate. On the menu: explosive statements on "the most irreducible inequality in the history of humanity", reflections on stereotypes of women and men.
Focus group on 12 December 2018 with the support of the Ministry of Labour, Employment and the Social and Solidarity Economy. In reflection: the role of the social and solidarity economy and societies with a societal impact in addressing major societal challenges.
Launch of the "Zero Single-Use Plastic" manifesto at the CEO Club on 11 September 2018.
- A dinner with Emmanuelle Duez, expert on intergenerational issues to talk about this topics, on 11th of September 2018
- A breakfast debate on "Social Business", in the presence of Jean Bernou, President McCain, Continental Europe, Russia, Middle-East and Africa, and Benoît Lespagnol, Director of Ferroknepper Buderus, on 10th of April 2018
- A dinner to celebrate IMS' 10 years in the presence of Jean Jouzel, Lewis Pugh and François Bausch on 20th of November 2017
- A breakfast about "Circular Economy : companies have to adapt" on the 20th of June 2017
- A dinner-debate for the closing of the Luxembourg Sustainability Forum 2016 in the presence of Jeremy Rifkin, an American economic and social theorist, on the 14th of November 2016
- A dinner-debate in the presence of Bertrand Piccard, the first man to accomplish a round-the-world journey in a solar plane, the Solar Impulse. This unique event took place on the 30th of September 2016
- A breakfast debate and network "Sustainability: A driver for innovation", in presence of Olivia Walker, Visionary Innovation Group, Frost & Sullivan and Raymond Schadeck, Independent Director, on the 3rd of March 2016
- A breakfast debate and network "COP21: what challenges" in presence of Marc BICHLER, the Ambassador for Climate Change, on the 3rd of December 2015
- A debate-dinner to launch the Luxembourg CEO Sustainability Club during the closing of the Luxembourg Sustainability Forum in presence of Jeremy RIFKIN, an American futurist, on the 24th of September 2015
Take a look at the pictures of the last Luxembourg CEO Sustainability Club meeting!
An unprecedented joint commitment at the Luxembourg Sustainability Forum 2019!
Many members of the CEO Club responded to IMS' call on September 11 by signing the Zero Single-Use Plastic Manifesto. The objective is simple: to eliminate single-use plastic from companies by the end of 2020. 121 tons of plastic waste per year could be avoided.
The 2019 edition of the forum was a landmark event by inviting the 54 signatory companies to the Manifesto, showing that it is possible to act in concert and stop using ultra-jetable plastic. To join the initiative and learn more.
The last dinner was hosted by Raphaël Liogier, philosopher and sociologist, on 24 April 2019.
His last book make waves. After the #MeToo movement, he questions with his book Descente au coeur du mâle, the very deep-rooted reasons underlying gender inequalities in our society. With him, the stereotypes that are at the root of the differences in destiny between genders, including of course in the workplace, have been decoded. Unique perspectives beyond traditional police statements to a new understanding of the feminine and masculine.