BIL’s motivations to participate in IMS Luxembourg’s activities:
BIL strives to be a good corporate citizen, and has many initiatives that aim at having a positive impact on society. Yet, the bank want to do more or better. The company would like to share these initiatives and hear about initiatives from their peers, and participate in the CSR forum that offers IMS.
BIL’s CSR policy:
BIL's CSR policy focuses on four main areas: innovation, art and culture, education and health. Each of these areas is reflected in many initiatives that can reach all of stakeholders. This is for example the financing of innovative companies and support for the country's startup ecosystem. It also translates into sustainable partnerships with non-profit organisations working in the world of education and health, and initiatives aimed at the well-being of employees.
BIL’s CSR actions and frameworks:
Here are a few examples of initiatives:
- BIL Business Woman of the Year: this competition aims at promoting female entrepreneurship
- Indépendance Foundation to support the national art and cultural scene.
- Lending a Hand, an internal competition that aims at encouraging and supporting employees and a non-profit organisations where they do volunteer work.
- Partnership with SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde, SOS Kannerduerf Luxembourg, Jonk Entrepreneuren Luxembourg, Médecins du Monde
- Reduction of energy consumption
- Reduction of plastic waste by eliminating usage of single use items.