Signa Group’s motivations to participate in IMS Luxembourg’s activities:
We believe at Signa that we have multiple opportunities and the duty as a company to help move in a more responsible direction. IMS seems to be a good partner to allow us to continue in this direction.
Signa Group’s CSR policy:
We raise the awareness of our clients and our employees daily on multiple topics related to social responsibility such as fight against food waste, favouring short circuits in the food industry, fight against poverty, ecology where we can make a difference.
Signa Group’s CSR actions and frameworks:
- Fight against food waste
After having helped several of our clients develop projets in the frame of the “antigaspi campaign”, we have decided as a first step to create and propose trainings in this field at different levels for professionals of the food industry.
We then had the opportunity to sign two contracts of collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture, Viticulture and Consumer Protection in the frame of the “antigaspi campaign”.
- Favouring short circuits in the food industry
We intervene as collaborators in several trainings on this topic.
- Fight against poverty
We regularly recommend and offer trainings on a voluntary basis to different associations which collect and redistribute food to those in need. These trainings are oftentimes offered to the volunteers working in these associations.
- We are supplied with green electricity from Eida-green and use low-consumption computers which were also bought from Eida.
- To this day, 92,8 % of our clients receive their reports and invoices exclusively via e-mail (no printing and mailing for a big majority of them)
- For some of our internal work, we also slowly turn to “paperless” procedures
- For our new training room in Dahlem, we try to the best of our ability to favour short circuits (biscuits produced locally in the frame of a social project, regional fruits, Luxemburgish water in glass bottles)